HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers in India – What Is HIV and If you’re not familiar with HIV, also known as human immunodeficiency virus. It is a virus that attacks the immune system of a body. If not treated HIV can also lead to AIDS (Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) that has no cure.
What is an HIV Rapid Test Kits? It is a test that detects HIV antibodies in oral fluid or blood. It is a rapid test, thus showing its result in less than 30 minutes or so. If a person gets a positive result, it means they might have HIV infection but need a second test to confirm the diagnosis.
Types of HIV Tests Available
There are three types of HIV tests that are listed below. All these tests are mostly performed on oral fluid or blood and sometimes may be performed on urine:
- NAT: This is also known as a nucleic acid test. It involves testing the blood from the vein and searching if there are viruses present in the blood. This test is expensive but detects HIV sooner than any other test.
- Antibody/antigen test: This test searches for HIV antigens and antibodies. It works because antibodies are produced by a person’s immune system if there has been any exposure to HIV. This test is widely used and is highly recommended for getting a test done in labs.
- Antibody test: This test only searches for the antibodies present in your bloodstream or oral fluid and not antigens.
HIV tests can be done at a health clinic or a health care department. It can even be done at home which some people call a rapid self-test. There is no shortage as there are various HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers in India.
A rapid self-test can be done in the comfort of your home with complete privacy. It mostly takes about 20-25 minutes to get the results. This rapid self-test can be purchased at any pharmacy or online. This test checks the antibodies for HIV.
How to Perform the HIV Rapid Test?
- Swab your gums to collect a sample of oral fluid.
- Use the materials present in the kit to test the sample you just collected.
- Read and follow the test manufacturer’s instructions that are mentioned on the kit to ensure an accurate result.
- If you need any additional help in conducting the test you can also call the number included in the HIV self-test (if it has any).
- Make sure to not drink or eat anything before starting the test.
- Be patient and wait for at least 20 minutes for the results to show.
- If the result shows one line, you’re negative. If it shows two lines, you’re positive.
- In case you’re positive, no need to panic as nothing can come out of panic. You still need to confirm it with a medical professional, therefore consult a doctor immediately and see from there.
Best HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers
Alpine Biomedicals is a major diagnostic test kit manufacturer in India. They manufacture various types of test kits such as malaria test kits, dengue test kits, pregnancy tests to COVID tests. And are known for their high accuracy and precision.
HIV can prove to be life-threatening if not treated. Therefore if you’re feeling any symptoms it’s advised to get a test done to be cautious. And if you’re tested positive, there’s no need to worry as with the proper treatment and care you can live a healthy life.
Read Also: HIV Testing Kits To Aid Healthy Living
Most Searched Keywords
- HIV Testing Kits
- Best HIV Testing Kits
- Top HIV Testing Kits
- HIV Rapid Test Kits
- Best HIV Rapid Test Kits
- HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers
- HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers in India
- Best HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers in India
- Top HIV Rapid Test Kits Manufacturers in India